Monday, April 19, 2010

Prelude to P90X

I have finally talked my husband into doing P90X with me. We're going to order it and hopefully be starting by next Monday. According to my calculations our 90 days will be up on July 25th. We have a wedding and some other activities in between now and then so we'll see how it works out.

I asked for this at Christmas as it was my plan to get started early and be in tip top shape for this summer...no one got anything on my list...for some reason it was invisible (I mean that seriously, I'm not being sarcastic at all...no one could see my Amazon list). I guess it wasn't the right time but now it is.

Over the next few months I plan on having many things happen including (but not limited to): increased energy, more room in my clothes, a better bathing suit body and just all the stuff that goes with working out consistently and eating properly. I also plan on getting a job and getting involved in a small group at our church. Please pray for us to find a group that we really like.

One of my main goals is to lose some weight before we start ttc round 2. (We're taking off a few months in order to get some tests run and for me to build up my red blood cells and folic acid. I definitely don't want to start a pregnancy with an iron deficiency.)Since I am currently at the weight I had wanted to be at when I was 9 months pregnant I'm hoping to be able to get some serious weight off. I'd also like to be able to continue a strong workout routine with cardio,weights and yoga/Pilate's during my pregnancy. I know that the best thing for my baby will be for me to be healthy, physically, emotionally and spiritually.


I will be updating my weight and measurements at least once a week. I may be including pictures if it's not too depressing. I'll also try to honestly assess my feelings and emotions as this is just a journey to get healthy and I anticipate at least 2 stressful situations in the near future(one of which is fitting into a bridesmaid dress with a group of girls who are probably waaaaaay under a size 4, 6, 8 or 10 or whatever I am). I'm hoping that I will have the grace to sound like my faith is unwavering but my main goal is to be honest.

During this next week I will be planning a menu that will be hopefully both convenient as well as very tasty. If anyone is reading this and has done p90x and has some recipes that they really enjoyed I would really love to have any input.

No comments:

Post a Comment