Monday, March 1, 2010

That's where the weight came from...

This weekend, Josh and I ate out for most of our meals due to being out of town and going to a friends' birthday party. While counting calories I killed my daily allowances and realized that this is where my 30 extra pounds came from. When I eat at home I have a hard time even eating enough calories because fruits and vegetables and fish have so little calories that even though I eat until I'm absolutely stuffed I'm still almost 500 calories under what I'm supposed to be at. I'm not losing the weight because I occasionally have a ridiculous day where I eat over 2500-3000 calories. A friend said she does like a Mediterranean diet. That will probably work really well for us.
Today I'm going to attempt a run outside...Anywhere else in Chicago the sidewalks are clear enough to run, however, there are some empty lots around here and those sidewalks don't get cleared off so I'm a little nervous about the run. This needs to happen for a few reasons.
1) I need to run outside so I see how my pacing is before the race. I definitely don't want to be shocked by the difference of running on a treadmill as opposed to really propelling myself.
2) My Pitador definitely needs to burn off some serious energy. She's been so anxious that when we put her in her crate Saturday she beat her face on the side (she figured out how to escape and so when we figured out how she did it we fixed the problem and she didn't realize that) and now her face is all puffy. Poor Julius.

So, my church is holding a 5/10k in May. I had originally hoped to be running a half marathon in June. I'd like to have a baby in the near future so my doctor has suggested that I don't workout for more than 7 hours a week. As I add mileage I don't want to get too close to the 7 hour mark which I'm anticipating will happen when I start getting closer to the longer distances. I'm calculating roughly 4-5 hours of running a week and with weight training, yoga, and swimming I think I'm gonna start being really close so...if I can work up to the distance slower and shave a little bit of time off my distance I will hopefully shorten my running time enough that I'll have a good window.

The next thing I really need to do is get some new shoes. I currently have a pair of Brooks, which I'm pretty fond of but I'm not married to them. I need a pair of shoes that are narrow and super stable. I have a high arch that's super rigid, that also happens to be collapsing so that sucks. I'm looking into Nike's because of the iPod app they have which is hopefully going to be super marvelous.

I would love to know what some of your menus/schedules look like as well as playlist ideas and running shoes/apparel.

No comments:

Post a Comment