Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Struggle

Today was a very sucky day. It's frustrating living in a city where the unemployment rate is SO stinking high. This is especially crappy since I moved here after tons of people were laid off and I can't find a job. The only constellation to this is that Josh has a job and that another 17% of the city is also in the same boat I am in. So, this has affected my mood a lot.

I'm frustrated with myself for not being able to figure out the eating thing. I started logging my food like 2 days ago so I can see what I'm getting or not getting and I'm under my calories, by a lot, everyday. I'm not really sure what to do about this since I'm pretty much stuffed on a regular basis-healthy foods have so much less calories and are way less energy dense than hmmm....McDonalds.

I'm frustrated that I suck at running...I'm sure it's just something I'm not doing properly or consistently enough or maybe I'm not as bad as I think I am (doubtful but maybe)...

I'm frustrated that I love Chicago and have like no friends here...where would you meet friends o, at work and church...o yeah, I don't have a job and our church is an hour away.

Anyway, all of this really annoys me from time to time and today was definitely one of those days.These are my questions that I have right now...How many carbs am I supposed to be eating? How many grams of protein? Which order am I supposed to do my workout in? Weights then cardio or other way around or separate days? Why can't I do the stupid crane sequence or Utthita Hasta Padangustasana?!?!?!?! Then a friend commented on something that I had previously written on what was clearly a much less stressful day, ironically about grace and accepting where you are at the moment...My questions still stand but after reading that I feel slightly less like packing my bags and moving to Montana...Now I shall digest some of my food so I can go on what will hopefully be a very good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment