Today, before we were supposed to go to the gym I wasn't feeling well so, Josh is there without me. I prayed that when I got married my husband would like running with me and alas, I've created a marvelous monster and he'll go without me. There are worse things than this. I'm very grateful.
I clearly am not going to be making any awesome advances running tonight but I'm trying to get a good plan for balanced eating and caloric intake. I found an app today that graphs your calories and charts your goals. I'm hoping to get to my desired weight and be able to replicate/maintain and have an idea how it happened. When i started college, I was so concerned with NOT gaining the freshman 15 and watching what I ate that I actually lost 25 pounds. There are 2 ways to look at what happened in the years I've been married
#1. I gained 30 POUNDS!!!!
#2. I'm still 11 pounds less than I would've been if I'd gained the freshman 15, 10 years ago.
I remember having a clear cut plan. I cut back on sweets, red meat, sodas and fast food. I also started walking everywhere and quickly, since I only had 10 minutes to traverse a pretty good distance of crowded sidewalks in heels, which I'm positive adds to the workout. I also started to follow an actual workout routine which included abwork and cardio.
I have attempted that now and can't seem to get it right, perhaps it's the additional 10 years on my age, the lack of walking involved in an office job, or house work or the addition of red meat to my diet. One thing that has been a benefit is that I'm no longer severely anemic...
I've added some protein to my diet in the form of a supplement and continue to take my vitamins and some fatty oil capsules. Since I'm running I've read that I definitely need to make sure I'm getting enough calories. The problem is that in Runner's World those people run waaaaay more than I do at this point in time. I'm trying to do some weights as well as swimming and a little yoga...I'm not very good at any of these so, I kinda think I don't need too many extra calories, lets be real though... I have no idea...
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment