Monday, February 22, 2010

The Beginning

So, this marks the beginning of a new and hopefully interesting chapter in my life.
I shall start by explaining the name and the purpose of this bloggy thing that I'm gonna do.
This year, I've finally started to be more serious about life. You only get one and I've decided that I must find a balance. Balance is a delicate state, one that I suspect, most people never see.
My husband had some weird heart thing happen at the very beginning of January and I realized that there are so many things that I can't control that I can't possibly freak out about all of the possible combinations of disasters that could occur at any given moment. That being said, I realize there are things that I can work on to better my chances, if you will.
I thought about what to call this blog thing and I'm pretty horrible at coming up with names for things and screen names and all of that stuff but I decided on Sospitas. Sospitas is Latin for health (well, that's what the dictionary said, I really hope it's right). For all of you who know me I love anything having to do with health and fitness. I chose this word because I think health is a journey not a destination. My goal is to write about my running, yoga, eating, and faith among other things. I suspect this will change and I'll probably contradict myself as life teaches me lessons that I swear I already know. So, as I said before, hopefully I'll write and hopefully it'll be interesting, or at least tolerable, or at least short enough so if you're one of my really good friends, you can suffer through it and honestly be able to tell me that it sucks. Once I figure this out, I shall put some previous blogs, that I know were interesting, on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment